The NSPCC and O2 are thrilled to bring you the updated Net Aware site and app. You can find the most popular sites, apps and games young people told us they're using, why they like them and how safe they think they are.
What’s new in 2018 on Net Aware?
This year, we've spoken to over 2,000 young people and over 2,000 parents - our biggest sample yet. Based on their reviews, we've made some updates to the site.
We’ve added new sites…
The sites, apps and games that young people use often come and go quickly. That’s why we’ve added 14 new sites, which we know are popular with young people, including Discord, Sarahah, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
A news page on Fortnite…
Since we last carried out research, the popular new game Fortnite: Battle Royale has launched, so our latest news page covers everything you need to know. This includes the features and risks on the game, and how to change the settings to make it safer.
We’ve slightly amended the order of the site, to ensure that the information parents told us they find most helpful is at the top of the page. We’ve also made it easier to search for news pages on the latest topics you may be interested in.
Help us spread the news about Net Aware
Here’s what you can do to help keep children safe online, and spread the news about Net Aware 2018:
- Download the Net Aware app on App Store or Google Play to receive notifications from our Net Aware news page about the latest trends.
- Share the Net Aware site with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
- Sign up to our online safety newsletter, to receive current news stories on the latest sites, apps, games and our any online safety work straight to your inbox.
- If you’d like advice and support about keeping your children safe online, call our free O2 NSPCC Online Safety Helpline on 0808 800 5002.
- Alternatively, you can make a face-to-face appointment with an O2 Guru in store - you don’t even have to be an O2 customer. O2 Gurus can help you set up parental controls, such as privacy settings, on any device.
We hope you enjoy reading the reviews and exploring the apps, sites and games your child may like to use online.