To manage what your child watches on Netflix set up a specific kid’s profile for them. By choosing the Kids experience option all parental controls will automatically be set up and they will only be able to watch content that has been rated appropriate for children.
To do this you need to visit your Manage Profile page. Parental controls can only be set up on the Netflix website and not the app so we would recommend doing this when you sign up for a subscription.
How to set up a Kids Experience account on Netflix
1) Visit your Manage Profile page.
2) Select Add profile
3) Name the profile. This could be your child’s name or nickname.
4) Select Kids and then Continue.
Once the profile has been set up you’ll be able to access some of the other parental controls available. These include:
• Personalising the maturity rating. You might want to use this if your child is a little older and you want to give them access to content rated higher than U.
• Switch off auto play to stop films or episodes automatically playing after one has finished.
• Block specific TV shows or films.
• Set up pins to stop your child from accessing the account without your permission.
Make sure to regularly review the parental controls set up to make sure they’re still right for your family.